Continuous Delivery is the highest form of Continuous Integration. More than just automated deplo...
Continuous Delivery is the highest form of Continuous Integration. More than just automated deployment, Continuous Delivery involves a mindset change - any build that passes the necessary quality gates can be deployed into production on demand.
In this talk, 'Jenkins: The Definitive Guide' author John Ferguson Smart discusses strategies enabling you to turn your Jenkins server into a Continuous Delivery platform, including:
- Ways to ensure your builds are always production-ready - automatically!
- Parameterizing your builds with style!
- Using build pipelines and build promotion in Jenkins to filter out poor builds and streamline the build process.
- Reusing artifacts across builds
- Rolling back and redeploying previous builds
- Deploying to app servers and to the cloud
This talk is aimed at developers and build engineers with some previous experience with Hudson/Jenkins.