Planet OS is a data discovery engine designed for real world sensor data. One interface to access...
Planet OS is a data discovery engine designed for real world sensor data. One interface to access your local, remote, open and vendor data.
This presentation answers questions like:
• How is the growth of sensor data challenging traditional data management, storage and usability of it?
• What are the trends in machine data and how will sensor data change Big Data over the next decade?
• How many devices are there on the Internet today? What will happen to this map in 10 years?
• What is the sensor data value chain, what gives you competitive advantage over others?
• Why is sensor data hard?
• Examples and use cases of the markets utilizing the latest robotic and mobile sensing platforms on land (energy production, agriculture, connected cars, weather forecasting), in the ocean (oil & gas, marine acoustics, shipping, environmental monitoring), air (drones) and space (nanosatellites, data-driven weather forecasting).
• How Planet OS is solving these challenges with it's Data Discovery Engine and a mission to index the real world? What are the data types we work with? What are the applications and how having a single interface and a single index help organizations to increase their ROI of operations, emergency response and planning?
• The Industrial Internet (GE), The Internet of Everything (Cisco)
• Why Big Data clouds need trust management for secure operations over open networks? (Intertrust)