このページは http://www.slideshare.net/raffikrikorian/rearchitecting-on-the-fly-oreillysacon の内容を掲載しています。
The decision and process behind rewriting or re-architecting a system is often plagued with a ser...
The decision and process behind rewriting or re-architecting a system is often plagued with a series of problems: people always underestimate the complexity, people never fully understand the customers, system requirements constantly change out from under them, and, in almost all cases, it takes much longer than anybody can predict. As part of this workshop, we’ll look at a couple of case studies of re-architecture to gleam strategies of success from them as well as common pitfalls to avoid. This workshop should arm you with a framework by which to approach your own decisions around how to manage, maintain, and evolve your own systems:
* understanding the underlying motivations;
* developing a method for deciding whether to evolve or to rewrite;
* managing the engineering effort of re-architecture in the midst of a changing business;
* setting up metrics to understand whether you’re on course; and
* organizing the engineering team and the culture to ensure success