Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Official Tournament Rules
(1) Description of Tournament-- Sega of America, Inc. (“Sega”) is hosting a Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Tournament as part of EVO 2012, currently scheduled to be held on July 6-July 8, 2012 at Caesars Palace Hotel in Las Vegas, NV (“Tournament”), and wil award prizes to tournament winners.
By participating in the Tournament, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sega, which shal be final and binding in al respects. By participating in the Tournament, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and al damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Tournament or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, the Promotion Entities do not make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility - The Tournament is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sega of America, Inc., SRKX Productions, LLC, and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfil ment and marketing agencies, (col ectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Tournament. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico, al other US territories and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter – The registration period for the Tournament wil begin at 9am PST on May 14, 2012 and close at 11:55pm on June 25, 2012. Tournament entrants may register at the fol owing website: http://vf5fsevo2012.eventbrite.com/ (“Website”). Each entrant wil be charged a one-time flat entry fee of fifteen USD ($15), with payment information specified on the Website. The Tournament wil be limited to two hundred fifty- six (256) entrants, and participants wil be chosen on a “first come first served basis.” There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per e-mail address. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, contain incorrect payment information, and/or are corrupted are void and wil not be accepted. In no event wil the Promotion Entities be liable to entrants for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages. The Promotion Entities’ liability to entrants arising out of or in connection with the Tournament is limited to the fifteen USD ($15) entry fee.
(5) Rules – The Tournament wil be governed by official EVO 2012 Tournament rules, which can be found at the fol owing website: http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-player-guide/evo-tournament-rules/. Rules specific to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown wil be announced prior to the Tournament, and may vary depending on the number of Tournament entrants. In the event of any conflict between the EVO 2012 Tournament rules and the rules explained in this document, these Official Rules shal govern.
(6) Prizes – Players wil be ranked at the end of the Tournament. The top sixteen (16) players wil win cash prizes, the value of which wil be determined based on the number of eligible Tournament entries received. Cash prize values will be announced prior to the start of the Tournament. Any prize winner receiving an excess of six hundred USD ($600) wil also need to complete a W-9 form.
(7) Prize Awarding – Winners wil be announced on site and provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity/Photograph Release (“Affidavit”), which must be completed, (unless prohibited by law). The completed Affidavit must be returned no later than July 8, 2012; failure to respond in this period of time wil result in the winner’s forfeiture of the Tournament, and wil result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection
of an alternate winner. Entrants grant Sega the right to use and publish winner's proper name, city and state online in connection with the Tournament. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sega to use winner's name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sega without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shal not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item or (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes, (including any applicable import taxes on prizes) are the sole responsibility of the person accepting the prize.
(8) General - All decisions of Sega in any matter relating to this Tournament shal be binding and final. Sega is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sega is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Tournament, as solely determined by the judges, wil be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sega reserves the right to terminate entrant's eligibility to participate in the Tournament. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sega reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sega’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shal not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sega reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Tournament if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Tournament, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Tournament and the rights and obligations of Sega and Entrants wil be governed by and controlled by the laws of the state of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto wil be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the state courts of California and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Tournament. In the event any provision of these Official Rules wil be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules wil continue in full force and effect without such provision.