P to P Micro Scholarship Project - Global Social Business Baby - By Daisuke Miyoshi, Grameen Communications
Sati age11 Want to become a doctor. My mother had very serious disease and had to go to Dhaka. It was very hard work. So I want to be able to cure my villagers without going capital. And also make Bangladesh the place where everyone can get perfect treatment.
Kulsum age12 Want to become a doctor. My sister was terrible sick, but I could nothing for her. Eventually she passed away. So, I want to be able to help my family and my villagers.
So many hidden treasures in this country
BUT They cannot everyday go to school They don’t have any encouragement to their future
Conventional scholarship Donators -Donators cannot know about any students until they actually donate to them. Students -Students who are to receive scholarships usually have nothing to do but just wait for donators. Scholarship Foundations -Almost all foundations are very small and cannot get enough donators.
What I saw in Bangladesh -Lack of Encouragement -No effective support No Money No Work Poor Academic Background
Opportunity for Change Most of the villages have Internet Access and Solar Panels. Everyone can be connected to the world.
How can we solve this problem ?
P to P Micro Scholarship -Make YOU the biggest Scholarship Foundation in our history- Dream & Passion Encouragement for Future & Scholarship money
Theory of Change Gather a lot of encouragement and scholarships through INTERNET Parents: More Salary More Employment Chance Students: Better Academic Record More Self-Esteem
(0) Create Partnerships Scholarship Project Foundation Management Team
(1) Dispatch Young Potentials Gives Formats Data Uproad Scholarship Project Our Foundation Management Project Team site Registers students 120$ Needed Scholarship Dream Video Photo Text Profile Price
(2) Gathering Encouragements from the World Website Image Name : Kulsum Age: 12 Dream video Encouragement <Future Vision> I want to become a doctor. & I could do nothing for my sister Scholarship who was serious sick and she passed away. money So, I have to get medical knowledge and help my family and my villagers. <Profile> Name: Sati Age: 11 Family: Father, Mother, and 2 sisters Average income permonth : 30$ 70% To $150 select $10 Encourage now !
(3) Sending Encouragements (Ex) After gathering 150$ 30$ as 20% margin 120$ Our Project Scholarship Project Management Foundation Team site Encouragement message Encouragement message Encouragement message
Wow !! So many people believe me !!
(4) Interactive Communication Sends & Checks and receives Uproads Our Scholarship Project Management Project Foundation Team site Monthly Reporting Various Communication
Roles of Stakeholders -Express and Dispatch their dream and passion for their futures -Monthly Video Report Students -Registers their students data Scholarship -Gives scholarships and encouragement messages Foundation -Monthly Video Report -Updates students data Project Management -Translates video (if needed) Team -Sends scholarships and messages to foundations -Develops and manages the website -Donate scholarships -Encourage students -Interactive communication -Tell others about students who they donated Encouragers
Business Model -20% Margin Fee If a student needs 120$ per a year, advertise as 150$. After the scholarship has been gathered, we can get 30$ per 1 student. -Website Ads When this website as global community gets larger, Ads on this site also gets more profitable. 1page view=1yen=0.7tk If 1000 page view per month, about 3,000$ per a year
Road map • Pilot project • 30 students in Bangladesh 2010 • Fundraising • Partnership with other Scholarship Fund • Global Launch 2011 • 200 students in the world • 10,000 students in the world 2012
Finance plan 2011 Website management staff 2 160$×12months×2 = 3840$ Server cost (If JP sever) 40$ Office cost (If in GCC ) 0$ Electricity cost (If in GCC) 0$ Total cost 3880$
Pilot Project Plan • First Partnership with Babu-Kano • Develop Pilot site MAY • 5 students • Check & Plan JUN & JUL • 5 students • Check & Plan • 10 students AUG & SEP • Fundraising & Design Beta site • Create new partnerships with Scholarship foundations OCT & NOV • Fundraising & Design Beta site • Create new partnerships with Scholarship foundations DEC & JAN • Global Launch
Pilot Project 2010 Finance Plan Cost -Website server cost per a year 40$ -Pilot site development 0$ (Japanese Volunteers) Sales -30 students , 20% margin 900$ Total 900$ - 40$ = +860$
Everything you can imagine is real. -Pablo Picasso
MONEKULI !! 2015 !!
Scholarship? It’s what we gather from the world, right ?
Hauling the world where everyone can get enough encouragements and investments according to their dream.