『OpenStackの導入事例/検証事例のご紹介』NTTドコモ様 検証事例：OpenStack Summit 2014 Paris 講演「Design and Operation of Open...
『OpenStackの導入事例/検証事例のご紹介』NTTドコモ様 検証事例：OpenStack Summit 2014 Paris 講演「Design and Operation of OpenStack Cloud on 100 Physical Servers (NTT DOCOMO)」
講師：伊藤 宏通（日本仮想化技術 CTO）
先日パリで開催したOpenStack Summit 2014 Parisで講演した内容を日本語でお伝えいたします。
You will face many problems when you start designing your OpenStack Cloud because of a lack of full design architecture information. For example, there are many Neutron plugins, but it is difficult to choose the best plugin and its configuration to get a high throughput of a Virtual Machine (VM) and achieve a High Availability (HA) of L3 Agent. Also, we couldn’t find information for how much computing resource (CPU, Memory and HDD) is required for management and operation servers (e.g. API, RabbitMQ, MySQL and Monitoring etc.).
We built OpenStack Icehouse Cloud on 100 physical servers (1600 physical cores) without using commecial software, and did several performance and long-run tests to address these problems.
In this talk, we will present performance comparison of Neutron ML2 plugin implementations (Open vSwitch and Linux Bridge), tunnelling protocols (GRE and VXLAN) and physical network configurations (Network Interface Bonding and Server Side Equal Cost Multi Path) to achieve 10Gbps at a VM, and the L3 Agent HA we implemented. Also, we will present how much computing resource we used and each server loads to operate the cloud. Finaly, we will share our Ansible Based OpenStack deployment and management tool.
Key topics include:
- Performance comparison of OSS Neutron ML2 plugins (Open vSwitch and Linux Bridge) and tunneling protocols (GRE and VXLAN)
- Performance comparision of redundant network configurations (Network Interface Bonding and Server Side Equal Cost Multi Path)
- HA of L3 Agent (ACT/STBY) we implemented
- Ansible based deployment/operation tools
- Items we must watch for OpenStack operation
- Hardware specifications and resources we used to operate the Cloud
We will share a full design architecture and hardware sizing information for a large scale cloud and prove OSS based Neutron can handle a hundred servers.