このページは http://www.slideshare.net/Strangeloopnet/cloud-connect-chicago2012hooman の内容を掲載しています。
Performance matters. And in the cloud, performance matters more than ever—layers of complexity an...
Performance matters. And in the cloud, performance matters more than ever—layers of complexity and third-party, shared environments separate users from applications. Services are elastic, which means you can have any SLA you want, as long as you’re willing to design it yourself. And you can have a fast application, too—if you’re willing to deal with the bill at the end of the month.
So how should you think about cloud performance? In this in-depth workshop on the performance of cloud computing, three cloud computing and Internet performance experts—Steve Riley (Riverbed, Amazon), Hooman Beheshti (Strangeloop, Radware) and Alistair Croll (Coradiant, CloudOps)—take you on a tour of the challenges on-demand computing poses to reliable, fast user experiences.
What you’ll learn:
- The new models of delay, capacity, and uptime that on-demand computing requires
- What and how to measure when it comes to performance, and how to think about metrics
- Where delay happens across the cloud environment
- How shared computing and back-end contention affect user experience
- What the WAN and the Application Delivery Network mean in a cloudy compute model
- How to spread load and optimize application front-ends to speed up applications