このページは http://www.slideshare.net/SodaStudioNL/onboarding-31120096 の内容を掲載しています。
Research showed that 22% of downloaded apps are only used once. So a good first time use experien...
Research showed that 22% of downloaded apps are only used once. So a good first time use experience is of crucial importance for the viability of an app or website. This is increasingly important since apps and services are becoming more versatile and complex. As a result, we’ve seen an increase in the number of "onboardings" in the last few years.
Onboarding is the process of turning a first-time user into a repeat customer during the user’s first interaction with your product.
In this slideshare we will show good examples of onboarding in 5 different approaches and conclude with some guidelines for design (describes below). There is no such thing as ‘the best approach’ since every app or website is different, but considering these guidelines will definitely ensure a better experience. And of course the approaches described can be combined in order to achieve the ideal onboarding.
Guidelines for onboarding�.
- Explain the proposition - what is the added value for the user?
- Explain hidden and crucial functionalities - how does the app work?
- Explain them interactively - this puts learning into context and provides the user with feedback
- Keep it informative, don’t explain obvious features
- Try to insert a fun and emotionally engaging element
- Limit content per panel, this makes the information easy to digest
- Provide a way to skip the onboarding process
- And let the user know where the onboarding can be found after skipping or finishing it
- Communicate the number of steps so the user knows what to expect
- Don’t force people to log in or register to experience content or features
- Ensure the user moves to a logical page after the onboarding where s/he knows what to do and give next-step instructions if necessary
Anything to add or ask? Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org