Manila is a community-driven project that presents the management of file shares (e.g. NFS, CIFS,...
Manila is a community-driven project that presents the management of file shares (e.g. NFS, CIFS, HDFS) as a core service to OpenStack. Manila currently works with a variety of storage platforms, as well as a reference implementation based on a Linux NFS server.
Manila is exploding with new features, use cases, and deployers. In this session, we'll give an update on the new capabilities added in the Liberty release:
• Integration with OpenStack Sahara
• Migration of shares across different storage back-ends
• Support for availability zones (AZs) and share replication across these AZs
• The ability to grow and shrink file shares on demand
• New mount automation framework
• and much more…
As well as provide a quick look of whats coming up in Mitaka release with Share Replication demo