Louis van Onselen E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +64 27 4348479
PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES. I am looking for a position where I can be part of and lead a team to deliver exceptional customer service. I am proactive, target-driven Operations Manager who obtained transferable skills in sales and customer service. I am energetic, self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills, a proven long-term relationship builder with customers and the team. A well organised, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team or on my own. My proactive, adaptable and committed approach to any task ensures I am able to complete the task on time and to a high standard. With 17year experience in sales and warehouse duties in the retail industry I believe I can make a different and help growing a company from strength to strength. I am seeking a Customer Service / Administration / Warehouse roll.
January 2005 – May 2016 Bolt & Engineering Distributors
www.bolteng.co.za January 2005 – August 2011 : Internal sales and counter sales August 2011 – May 2014 : Assistant branch manager May 2014 – May 2016 : Operations manager
Bolt and Engineering Distributors Group (B E D) has been supplying the construction and mining industry with quality tools and fasteners since 1983. B E D has 10 branches nationally and employs over 300 employees.
Duties and Responsibilities Operations manager: Reporting to the CEO.
• Ensures all policies and controls are in place and are followed. • Maintains strict cash control in the store at all times. • Regularly monitors expenditure within budget. • Ensures sales figures are tracked and reported, monthly operating statements are checked and profitability targets are communicated within store. • Works with Accounts Receivable department to maintain effective credit control management on retrieving outstanding monies on customer account. Any customers with overdue accounts are contacted monthly for outstanding invoice receivables as part of effective credit control procedures. • Responsible for ensuring that invoicing, banking and stock controls are strictly adhered to. • Responsible for the completion of all paperwork and computerized invoicing
• Manages overall store, retail service operations and productivity through effective staff management and a strong customer service focus. • Leads, coaches, trains and supports staff to strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas needed for the effective running of the store. • Actively assesses employee performance providing training in technical and customer service skills and on-the-job training as well as placement on Bolt and Engineering training programmes. • Ensures store operations and store workplace environment are maintained and operated in accordance with legislation and Company policy and guideline requirements (Company HR Policy Manual, Company Health & Safety Manuals, Retail Standards as set by the Company from time to time.) • Stock management. • Maintains stock take bi-annually. • Maintains store presentation in a clean, tidy and promotional style and ensures that staff use down time to attend to housekeeping and presentation of the store. • Represents Bolt and Engineering Ltd positively and professionally at all times. • Prepares and provides to operations manager Performance Reports on sales figures and targets, outstanding picking reports, monthly store operations, health & safety, inventory and stocks, and others as required. • Ensures customer information is captured and all company files, documents and employee information is recorded and updated regularly and treated in strict confidence. • Deals promptly with unacceptable performance or behaviour. • Delegates responsibility to others as appropriate to maximize efficiency of the store. • Leads through vision and values by keeping The Company Way at the forefront of team member decision making and action.
Sales & Marketing
• Implements marketing promotions and campaigns administered by Marketing Department. • Promotes sales of all Bolt and Engineering Ltd products and services to all customers and contributes to building good customer relationships. • Actively promotes and sells retail Services to customers and ensures staff are trained to do the same. • Customer Service • Develops and sustains productive customer relationships. • Ensures strict adherence to all customer service requirements and standards as outlined from time to time, including B Solution, where applicable in commercial operations. • Assists staff with forecourt work when required. • Attends to any customer and telephone enquiries in a strongly customer service focused manner, providing any specialist retail advice and technical information to enhance sales performance and customer service. • Ensures job cards are accurately completed and checked with all relevant customer work and any sales servicing provided. • Health & Safety • Ensures the warehouse and sales offices, customer areas, facilities are kept clean, clutter free and tidy at all times. • Ensures Company vehicles are kept in a roadworthy condition and insurance compliant. • Ensures that all staff members use safety equipment provided when operating machinery and manual working tools ensuring safe working practices for self and staff members.
• Ensures all staff members are trained in all technical matters to work safely and follow safe working practices and procedures so as to ensure the safety of fellow employees, contractors, customers and on-site visitors. • Uses staff down time to attend to hazard identification and awareness of already identified hazards, monthly housekeeping checks, company vehicle inspections, complete any outstanding training modules and activities on the Health and Safety Event Planner. • Completes necessary documentation for any work-related injuries, ACC and external agencies within required time frames. Actively participates in the rehabilitation of store employees and facilitates monthly health & safety meetings front of team member decision making and action.
Assistant branch manager: Reporting to the Operations Manager.
• My background has included supervising staff, stocktake, maintaining inventory levels, loading/unloading, receipts and dispatch. • Overseeing the sales force of 3 counter sales, 6 internal sales and 4 reps. • Setting targets and budgets for sales people to achieve. • Maintaining the show room stock levels. • Keeping showroom up to date with new products on the market. • supervising 33 warehouse staff duties from inward and outbound, dispatch, picking and packing and drivers. • Implement warehouse procedures regarding picking, packing and inward and outbound. • Run bi-annual stock takes and the implementation off stock take procedures. • Managing stock, I have a good sense of attention to detail. • Arranging open days with suppliers and customers and successful execution of promotions. • Check store receiving bay on a daily basis, spot-check invoices for correct receiving.
• Manages the retail service component of the business. • Responsible for identifying potential sales with customer and ensuring sales staff following up on potential leads. • Ensures retail service standards and gross profit margins set by the company are maintained. • Effectively deals with and investigates customer complaints. • Ensures the showroom Supervisor maintains targeted work throughput on a daily basis to ensure high productivity and efficiency • Proactively acknowledged, greeted and assisted customers in the store • Offered customers with exemplary and timely service • Provided accurate product information • Served multiple customers, discovered their needs, and made recommendations to generate sales • Recommended alternative purchase choices • Enhanced product knowledge utilizing limited resources • Merchandised, stocked and replenished the selling floor constantly • Maintained working knowledge of store’s policies and procedures • Organized and cleaned store during downtime • Handled cash, checks, and credit card transactions
• Managed the register in accordance with POS guidelines • Addressed loss prevention issues immediately • Communicate to co-workers and supervisors through standard telephone and wireless audio systems • Merchandised, restocked and maintained sales floor • Built and maintained internal and external customer satisfaction • Met and exceeded sales goals • Upheld brand and operational standards • Processed shipments and ensured all merchandise is represented on the floor • Assisted supervisors to identify and resolve issues in the store
March 1997 – December 2004 Rustenburg Bearing & Tool • Sales of tools and equipment to the public and mining companies • Quotations • Orders • Stock control • Buying • Client services
January 1994 - February 1997 MASS Security, Rustenburg Platinum mines • General security duties, control room responsibilities
I have extensive product knowledge of engineering supply equipment to suits the customer’s needs. I have a good technical attribute towards hand tools, and the fastener industry. Decisive leadership, ability to motivate and inspire the team for better performance. Acquired a comprehensive knowledge of management and regulatory reporting. Sales and budget analysis skills with the ability to maximize profits. Driving sales to achieve desired targets constantly looking for new business to expand our footprint into the market. Exceptional customer service, going the extra mile to get a satisfied customer, a passion for retail, able to deal with customer complaints. Strong sales skills. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with major accounts. For example, key accounts Anglo Platinum Mines, Impala Platinum Mines, Glencore group. Setting short- and long-term objectives, initiating new business opportunities. Visual merchandising skills. Attention to detail, well presented, organised and calm personality. Love a fast-paced and high volume environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to perform under pressure.
Interest: DIY projects Camping and cycling. Spending quality time with family and friends.